May 2013 - Mandalar 5.4
- Major new edit features! Copy, scale, groups - all edits work on groups!
- New in-game tutorial system.
- Share menu updates, bug fixes.
December 2012 - Mandalar 5.3.0+
- Palettes! Set all colors at once, with eight pre-designed palettes.
- New Share | Other - choose any available sharing app on your device (Pinterest, etc.)
September 2012 - Mandalar 5.2.0+
- New Share | Facebook and Share | Twitter to post pictures from inside Mandalar.
- Improved Share | Email uses
native email app, for full access to your address book.
- "Loading..." graphic had crooked shapes. Replaced with a promo graphic.
July 2012 - Mandalar 5.1.0+
- Options | Easy mode turns off all features that access the Internet.
- Simpler color menu in Easy mode.
- Popup menus easier to close - bigger X button.
- Save Picture moved to the File menu - because Easy mode removes the Share menu.
May 2012 - Mandalar 5.0.1+
- Smartphones and tablets! - first mobile release.
Mandalar is mostly cross-operable with the web-based
Flash/Flex PatternBlocks. See PatternBlocks Changes for that history.
Though new to mobile, Mandalar is 5th generation software. Its first
web-based release was as "ShapeGame" in 1998. I wrote
it for my daughter, who adored physical pattern blocks when she was
in kindergarten. That kindergartener is now in college! And the toy I wrote
for her is one of the most popular and long-used pieces of software I've
Copyright © 2013 Ginger Booth |