Ideas for the future of MathToybox include:
- Voting for favorite designs
- Seasonal contests (like, best PatternBlocks snowflake)
- More galleries (Calligraphy, FishFood)
- More toys (maybe cuisenaire number rods or tangrams)
- Links and lesson plans for the grownups
Because the audience for PatternBlocks is very young, and the topic is math, I hope to keep the sharing non-verbal and kid-friendly, for the pre-school to 3rd grade crowd.
My original ShapeGame - ancestor of PatternBlocks - was the first ever online software for these geometry blocks. I wrote it for my daughter in 1997, when she was in kindergarten. My first version of Calligraphy was even earlier. I'm a professional programmer, specializing in university-level science and teaching simulators, among other things. I wrote the MathToybox games for practice with new technologies. But they're very popular!
Please feel free to contact me with any ideas or feedback - I'd love to hear from you!